Friday, August 15, 2008

allrecipes.com

This is one of my wife's and my favorite sites. You can search for recipes, submit recipes, and save them in your online recipe box, or even print them. You can search for recipes by ingredients you want, or ingredients you don't want. The reviews are key to the value of the site. Make sure to read the reviews instead of just relying on the star rating. The reviews often provide helpful tips by those who have tried the recipe before, tips that you may wish to have before giving it a go.

There are also clearly written articles, illustrated with photographs. One I found useful for the one time I made bagels is Forming and Baking Bagels. If you like to cook, or don't, but have to, allrecipes.com may make cooking more fun.

Some of my favorites:

Chocolate chocolate chip cookies I like them cold from the refridgerator, my wife likes them fresh from the oven.
Canola Oil Pie Crust
Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Whole Grain Waffles
Aussie Chicken

No comments: