Tuesday, March 2, 2010

custom day in the life drawings

Not my drawing. More on that at the end of this post.

Working on some more illustrations to show, but it may be a few weeks. Or six or eight, as I'm only working on a couple or so a week. To maintain the energy I have toward working on them I'm waiting until several are complete. There is something about sharing before more are done, one at a time, about two a week, that would sap the energy I have for them. I often like to have something fairly substantial to show for in an idea before sharing it, since I've found that often, not always, but often, an idea shared before polished and at least significantly begun (if not complete), often loses some of the energy I have for it. Sometimes killing it altogether. This seems to be one of those cases. Plus, they are something I expect to include in my etsy shop, and expect it to be a better marketing move to unveil them more closely together than just a couple a week. Plus, I like to let each of them sit for some time so I can see them with new eyes after a week or two, and make changes they'll inevitably need. The giraffe in my previous post, for example. It's under renovation (I still like the giraffe, mostly, but not the rest of it). So the illustrations are under wraps until the series of illustrations are more complete.

In the meantime, check out the above illustration. I think it's a lot of fun. It's by mummysam and you can even purchase your own through her etsy shop.

No comments: