Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ogre Birthday

Green ogre, or linebacker? Either way, he wishes you a happy birthday. This is the one that started it all. That is, the precursor to the previous two illustrations/posts, yet it took me the longest to finish. Had to set it aside to get a fresh look to figure it out. Well, I guess I did decide that the monkey needs something more, so that will actually be the last to finish. Still not fully pleased with the ogre. But still having fun with the texture. It began with him wearing Laker purple and gold, but since I didn't finish it in time for my bro's birthday, I went with different colors since I was having trouble making the original colors work together with everything else. Hmmm, what if I made the monster's skin purple and gold?

Click image to enlarge.

Edit: birthday card now available. Read my post about them. Buy one.

No comments: